In recap of KAIA's first meeting since its revival, we would like to share with you the agenda of the special general meeting.
1. Wilshire / Koreatown Master Plan
KAIA is urging the Los Angeles Department of City Planning to correct its contradiction regarding the Koreatown Regional Commercial Center along Olympic Boulevard by restoring the development standards consistent with those established originally in terms of buildable floor area and height limits.
2. Collaboration with Asian American Architects & Engineers (AAAE)
KAIA is working towards collaborating and networking with AAAE.
3. Architectural Registration Exam (ARE) Study Group
KAIA is planning on strengthening and supporting the ARE Study Group by:
- Bridging the generational gap within the architectural profession
- Encouraging a system of trust and information sharing
- Raising the professional standard of Korean American architects